Calpex extrudes pipe in various sizes and shapes and also offers pipe belling.
These are just some examples of the many types of products that CALPEX can provide.
Pipe: Calpex Plastics
Calpex Plastics is a full capability plastic pipe manufacturer. We selected the materials we use for custom plastic pipes based on pressure, heat, or chemical resistance. We also consider dimensional stability, durability, cost, and customer requirements.
We can do plastic pipe extrusion in various sizes and shapes and provide pipe belling services. The pipe can be extruded as polyethylene, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene, and chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC).
Plastic pipes are lightweight, durable, flexible, and versatile. Plastic pipes offer significant savings in both installation and weight. They come in corrugated and solid wall configurations and are available in various common materials.
Plastic Pipe Extrusion Process
Here’s how the plastic pipe extrusion process is done:
- First, the raw plastic materials are placed into a hopper and then fed into an extruder. A spinning bolt moves the molten plastic materials through the extruder.
- Next, the molten plastic materials move from the hopper to the feed throat, then enter into a single screw extrusion machine’s horizontal barrel with a big spinning screw. In the barrel, the molten plastic materials are sieved to produce uniform consistency.
- Then the molten plastic flows through a die. In the die, the sizing and shaping are done to achieve the desired final product.
- Lastly, the processed raw materials are cooled down. As the die extrudes the plastic material, the material goes into a conveyor belt, where the cooling process occurs. Then the final product can be cooled by water or air.
Plastic Pipe Sizes, Shapes, and Color
We manufacture plastic pipes ranging from 1/8″ to 6″ in diameter, with either chamfered, plain, or belled ends. Lengths can be over 20 inches. Colors depend on material selection. We have basic color options such as white, gray, and transparent. Custom colors are available upon request — red, yellow, blue, green, and orange. Different shape options are available — round, square, rectangle, hollow, and custom schedule 40/80.
Our plastic pipes are available in English and metric sizes. Wall thickness may be defined according to a pipe schedule or be specified numerically. Other specifications for extruded plastic pipes include maximum pressure, section shape, and temperature range.
Materials We Use for Plastic Pipes
We use engineering or commercial-grade materials and can be specified to meet different needs. Common materials we use for plastic pipe include:
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC)
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
PVC pipes provide a smooth surface, good flexibility, and non-toxic qualities. PVC piping is inert, so some grades are used in chemical and food processing. CPVC piping is just as good as PVC piping but carries higher temperature ratings.
HDPE piping offers good temperature resistance and is ideal for drainage systems and structures. LDPE piping is perfect for drainage systems, industrial process components, sprinklers, laboratories, and drip irrigation systems. ABS piping offers good creep and chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
Plastic Pipe Applications
You can use plastic piping in plumbing, wastewater systems, and drainage. More specifically, you can use plastic pipes for:
- Chemical fluid handling
- Firewater sprinklers
- Portable water distribution
- Natural gas distribution
- Floor heating systems
Contact Calpex Plastics for Your Custom Plastic Order
If you require high-quality custom plastic products, contact Calpex Plastics today. We have a wide range of options to choose from, and our team is passionate about providing excellent customer service. With over 40 years of experience, we are confident that we can exceed your expectations and deliver the perfect product for your needs. Contact us today to get started!