Calpex extrudes tubing from 1/16 to 4″ diameters in a wide range of different materials. We also offer printing and co-extruded striping.
These are just some examples of the many types of products that CALPEX can provide.
Tubing: Calpex Plastics
It can be tough to find the right tubing extrusion company that offers the perfect combination of materials, size, and services. Not all plastic tubing extrusion companies are created equal. Some only offer a limited range of materials or sizes, while others do not provide co-extruded striping or printing services.
Calpex Plastics is the perfect tubing extrusion company for your needs. Our long history of service makes us a leading plastic tubing manufacturer. We extrude tubing in a range of sizes and materials, and we also offer co-extruded striping and printing services. We have been in business since 1980, so you can trust us to get the job done right.
Calpex Plastic Tubing Design Process
Plastic tubing is a form of tubing made from a mixture of an array of chemicals and a polymer to form a material that can be solid or flexible. At Calpex Plastics, we manufacture custom plastic tubing through extrusion.
The plastic extrusion process is the most cost-effective and efficient method. Extrusion allows us to make plastic tubing with any width or thickness for various uses.
Here’s how we do it:
First, we put the raw plastic material into a hopper. Then the conveyance channel’s long screw turns as the extrusion equipment pushes the raw material through it. The turning screw’s friction and additional heat melt the plastic into malleable liquid before reaching the conveyance channel’s end.
Then a metal die shapes the melted material. The metal die pushes the molten material into a shaped hole, which then cools the plastic into lengths of tubing. Then, we cut the tubing to varying lengths, pack it, and ship it. We can also process and finish the tubing into a more refined, polished product.
Materials We Use to Produce Plastic Tubing
The following are the most commonly used plastic materials we use to manufacture extruded plastic tubing. Each has its properties, making them ideal for long-term and short-term specific applications in unique environments.
- High-density polyethylene
- Low-density polyethylene
- Cross-linked polyethylene
- Flexible vinyl
- Rigid vinyl
- Various nylons
Calpex Plastics Can Create Custom Plastic Tubing
We create custom plastic tubing through various forming processes, materials, and finishes. We design plastic tubing that can withstand pressures, an array of chemicals, and sterility through customization. We customized tubing in terms of:
- Load capacity
- Corrosion resistance
- Resistance to hazardous, toxic, or acidic materials
Kinds of Plastic Tubing We Produce
You can choose from our various types of plastic tubing. Each has unique features and characteristics that will suit your specific needs.
- Acrylic Tubing: This transparent tubing is perfect for applications requiring close monitoring of the tubing content. Its opaque to nearly transparent color allows you to observe liquid conditions.
- Nylon Tubing: This heat and crack-resistant tubing can handle pneumatic applications. It’s widely used for refrigerator water lines, automotive fuel lines, and irrigation tubing.
- Poly Tubing: This type of tubing has two categories: HDPE and LDPE. HDPE is suitable for high-impact uses since its sturdy and durable. LDPE is perfect for pneumatic applications due to its flexibility.
- Vinyl Tubing: This plastic tubing is excellent for commercial, consumer, and industrial uses due to its versatility. Besides, it is ideal for construction since it doesn’t conduct electricity and corrode. It is non-poisonous and doesn’t degrade in extreme environmental conditions.
Calpex Plastic Tubing Applications
The uses of plastic tubing are as varied and expansive as the materials themselves.
Every application has a type or grade, so finding what you need should be easy! The following list provides some examples:
- Chemical processing & transfer
- Building and construction
- Fluid management
- Electrical installations
- Hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Food & beverage
- Laboratory & medical equipment
Contact Calpex Plastics for Your Customized Plastic Order
Calpex Plastics has been a leading extruded tube manufacturer since 1980. With our wide range of capabilities, manufacturing processes, and available materials, we can provide our customers with custom plastic tube extrusion services in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Contact us or request a quote should you want more information about how we can help you with your custom plastic needs.